FISBA is a world leader in customized optical components and systems. The company designs and manufactures scalable products for defence, medical applications and biophotonics, as well as the laser, sensor, machine and industrial image processing industries. 350 highly qualified employees work at facilities in Switzerland, Germany, US and China.
Precision Optics Metrology Technician
The Precision Optics Metrology Technician is responsible for all aspects of production related to precision glass contour measurements at FISBA North America in Tucson, AZ. This includes operation of a Mahr MarSurf LD 130 profilometer and Trioptics μPhase interferometer, as well as support processes such as lens cleaning, inspection, form measurement and quality control. The role may also involve traditional optics manufacturing technologies such as grinding, polishing and centering of lenses. Precision glass molding is used to manufacture some of the most advanced optical components found in the market today, including double sided aspheres, molded lens arrays, free-form optics and complex micro-optics. These molded components and the assemblies they go into are used in a variety of industries including defense, medical imaging and industrial production. The individual in this position will have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, to meet and exceed production goals.
Production / 90%
- Responsible for carrying out high precision measurements of double-sided aspheres, molded lens arrays, free-form optics and complex micro-optics as assigned by supervisor
- Responsible for all aspects of operating a Mahr MarSurf LD 130 profilometer and a Trioptics μPhase interferometer to take high-precision measurements of lens contour, roughness, power and wavefront deformation of precision glass lenses.
- Debugging equipment and troubleshooting technical problems within existing jobs, upon startup of new work packages, as well as follow-on R&D assignments.
- Be able to learn and develop a clear understanding of the manufacturing process to meet production schedules.
- Awareness and responsibility when handling sensitive ITAR related technical data, processes, and hardware (training will be provided).
- Set-up, perform general maintenance, program and operate a Mahr MarSurf LD130 profilometer and Trioptics μPhase Interferometer. Daily tasks include visual inspection, periodic quality checks and machine efficiency monitoring.
- Set-up associated machines and perform lens cleaning, inspection and quality control and lens measurements.
- Perform measurements of lenses using equipment including calipers, drop gauges, interferometers and tactile metrology.
Document Control and Safety / 5%
- Complete daily log sheets and labor records.
- Complete and maintain incoming inspection records.
- Follow all ITAR procedures and regulations.
- Accurately document raw material, finished goods inventory and machine supplies.
- Always maintain safety procedures; identify areas of risk and work with safety coordinator to implement solution.
- Always enforce safety guidelines for visitors in the area.
R&D Support / 5%
- Responsible for assisting with R&D molding efforts for process development
- Responsible for carrying out assigned tasks in support of R&D process development
- Responsible for setting up and determining processes and procedures for prototype manufacture
Education and Work Experience
- High School graduate with strong aptitude for working with machines and an aptitude in engineering & science.
- Vocational, two-year college (associates degree level) experience in a field of CNC manufacturing or optics manufacturing, metrology or assembly is preferred, but not required
- Experience in a high-precision manufacturing environment involving optical fabrication and/or metrology background preferred.
- Production experience with optics, profilometers, interferometers or related production preferred
- Knowledge of basic machine programming, machine maintenance, metrology and optics inspection techniques preferred
- Possess a clear understanding of manufacturing best practices and methods to assist production teams with achieving on time delivery and quality goals
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Works well independently and on a team
- Seeks continuous growth and improvement of production processes
- Outstanding attention to detail and passion for delivering work to the highest standard
- Ability to multitask, must be well organized and motivated
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, self-sufficient and confident
- Manufacturing working conditions in a climate-controlled ISO Class 5 clean room environment
- Proper procedures and regulations must be followed to control and maintain room cleanliness.
- Mental and visual demands require thorough attention to detail and a keen sense of alertness.
- Competitive pay and paid time off
- 100% paid medical, vision and dental benefits for employees
- 100% paid short- & long-term disability & life insurance for employees
- 401(k) matching
Please send your application letter and your resume directly to:
Karen Kahn, email@example.com
6296 E Grant Rd Suite 150
Tucson, AZ 85712, United States
Tel: +1 520 867 8100